>> Tours & Sightseeing >> Night Tours >> Night Tours.
Duration: >> 4 hours.
Commences: >> Kuantan, Malaysia
Place: >> Southeast Asia >> Malaysia >> Pahang >> Kuantan, KUA
Trip Category: >> Tours & Sightseeing >> Night Tours >> Night Tours
Cherating is also one of the few sites in Malaysia where the public is allowed to watch the nesting turtles under the supervision of rangers in the Cherating Turtle Sanctuary. This centre was established in the year 1972 as a turtle hatchery in an effort to protect the endanger species in particular the Leatherback Turtle. It was opened to the public in June, 1 1998.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cherating Turtle Sanctuary, Cherating Malaysia
The return of the seafaring turtles to east-coast beaches is a yearly affair. While you enjoy the night ocean breeze, wait for the ranger’s call who will alert you once there are turtles that come up the shore to lay eggs. Watch the giant leatherbacks, with their unusual black, rubbery skin going back to the beaches and the “tears” they produce after they lay their eggs as they make their way back to the open sea. Today, these nesting grounds are monitored by the Malaysian Fisheries Department. The best period to witness this is from May to September, especially during high tide.
Duration: 1 hour
All Inclusive Price: 107.70 USD
Trending Events Nearby
Trending Tours & Activities:
- Go City: Boston All-Inclusive Pass with 40+ Attractions and Tours
- Japanese Snacks You Should Try: Online Experience by Local Guide
- Eat Like a Local: New Orleans Bywater Private Food Tour
- Chichen Itza Discovery Private
- Chengdu City to Chengdu Shuangliu Airport (CTU) – Departure Private Transfer
- Private Catamaran Beautiful Day around Santorini via Red beach